1/28/10

Is it too late to drown?

Do weekends feel the same to you as they do to me? A new start?

This has been a week. A week that has followed a very dark week. I've learned that we will have bad weeks. Weeks that seem to swallow us whole. Weeks that eventually will spit you out into the next. The trick is to rise above the stench of the week that precedes the present week. They say bad things come in three's and last week that three was doubled.

And while the pain of last week seems unbearable to think about, I look at my blessings. My living, breathing children. Who are thriving and full of joy. My home that has running water that is so clean, I can actually drink straight from the tap. (seriously how many people in our world don't have clean water, even a mile away??) For my supportive husband who has tears in his eyes as he tells me how happy he is and who I can't imagine living without. And for my King, who has saved me. Me, an undeserving sloth.

So, with my eyes turned upward, I will look ahead, not behind...

7 notes:

deborah said...

Dana, I know how hard those weeks are...how it feels to anticipate a new week, hoping for better things. I pray that things do improve for you and that blessings pop out from every corner. :)

Katarina said...

Praying for you guys, so thankful you could look past the darkness to the blessings,praying that the blessings will fill your life, even in the midst of struggles.
let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do.

Lola said...

I'm sorry it's been such a sad time. My prayers are with you and I know that Joy will find you soon.

Unknown said...

your three little boys show me all the time that sometimes the best things come in groups of three! praying for heavy hearts to be a little lighter...love you all :)

Anonymous said...

i love you girl. and i love the new layout. and i love that you updated. hope to talk to you soon. eb

Melinda said...

Love you guys! My long-lost kindred spirit!!

Praying for grace and peace that surpasses understanding. xoxo

ps - I LOVE the new pic/name!!

20Birds said...

baby girl i have been praying and praying, you know that right?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com