4/29/10

Because Nik said he wants an update...

Have you ever asked yourself why people do the things that they do? Someone might do something that you can't even fathom as rational or remotely sane and I often find myself trying to go through all the things that could have possibly gone through their heads to try and rationalize what they've done/said. Well, this morning at 7:30 our doorbell rang. I had one of those moments as I heard my husband talking with our neighbour. We're not usually awake at 7:30, up until a few weeks ago, all of our kids slept until about 8:30/9:00. So, I was wondering why someone would think that it would be ok to ring our doorbell at such an early time. We're also painting the outside of our house and so I convinced myself that neghbo-roo was coming over to yell at us for our colour choice. And, as I was laying in bed I had conjured up a little argument if you will, about how I had chosen these colours to compliment the neighborhood and how we were going to dress it up with adding some plants and stuff and stuff and stuff...it went on and on. But then I heard Nik say to the boys, "look at our car" (calmly and I might even say a little excitedly as he thought this was quite a treat for them to see).

It was then that my mind babble stopped. I had hoped that someone ran into our unsellable gas guzzler and we'd have a write off on our hands. But then I vaguely started to remember my dream of a car alarm going off. I remember thinking, "that's our car" but not being able to wake up....anyways, long story short, someone smashed into our car. Talk about feeling safe where you live. When I went out to look at the damage I was immediately thrust back into one of those 'what were they thinking' mental situations. I've deduced that the perpetrator was probably drunk or high because they didn't take the cash that was on the dash, or the gps or the satellite radio receiver.

The po-po man thought it was kind of funny.


and here's a few pictures because I learned how to resize the files from 10 MB to a normal size...thank you Steve.





5 notes:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your car. I had that happen to my little yaris a couple years ago- I figure mine was some dumb kids- they didn't take anything either!

How is your pregnancy going?

Also- I love your pictures... you are turning into quite the photographer miss. I especially like the one of Finn running:) your boys are very handsome!

Thinking about you!

Katarina said...

Bummer about the car :( People just DON'T think sometimes....
That picture of Finn is awesome!

Unknown said...

love the updated photos on the side!!!

Anonymous said...

so whats gonna happen. did they find the perpetrator who did that? i hope so! i hope you like my CSI ish word that I just used. I miss you.
Love EB

20Birds said...

Happy Mother's day Dana, you are certainly a gifted mother and i am proud to be your friend.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com