10/8/09
ok, I'm thinking of going in a different direction with this blog and calling it,'The Chronicles of 430 Ambrose'. I have so many stories from this place already that I don't even know where to begin. And I've become accutely aware of the fact that this house will 'never' be done. My husband is too much of a go-getter to just sit and enjoy this house. I'm fine with that. In fact, that's one of the things that I love about that man. There are a lot of things that I love about him, but I'll save that for another post.

And, speaking of not knowing where to start. That's why I've been on a sort of blogging hiatus. I just don't know where to pick up. I have had a million things happen this summer, good, bad and all things in between. I don't know where to start. So why don't we just say that the slate has been wiped clean and I can start fresh? I'll post stories of memories of course, but as far as catching (all 12) of you up on my life, I think that it'll just have to be glimpes every once in a while as a memory will come to me.

So, onto NEW things. Finn started his first day of hockey. I KNOW! I never thought I'd be one of *those* moms. I didn't think we'd start our children in anything organized until they were a little older, or even a lot older. But, as I've gotten to know my eldest a little more. I've realized his need for preparation and interaction. So, with the thought that he'll be starting school in the near future I thought we'd dapple in a world of instruction from an unknown and making new friends while he's at it.

He did so well. We were a little nervous when they told Nik that they had enough volunteers that day and wouldn't be needing him on the ice. This was after a week of telling Finn that his dad would be with him. In the end, it was better. Finn didn't cry once even though he was the only kid (out of about 50) that couldn't stand on his skates. The gal spent the whole time teaching him how to get up if he falls. He had a huge smile on his face, which of course put a huge smile on our faces. Even Carson was proud of him; throwing his fist in the air and yelling "awwww, he fell. Yeah! He got up!" in a growly voice.

This was a nice change from what I had been expecting. I had resigned myself to the fact that Finnley would shut right down if someone new started talking to him. We'll see if he continues to love it as much. But if yesterday was any indication, this is going to be fun!

6 notes:

Lola said...

Oh fun. I just started Anna Kate in Ballet. She loves it!

I'm glad you are back. I look forward to hearing about your life.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!!! he's a cutie!! i love the pictures of him and his coach!! love you sweets!!
eb

Unknown said...

That's so cute! I can just see Finn's grin..

Your kids are so great, I had SO much fun playing with them at Prince Island Park!

20Birds said...

Dana
check out this video of mine from one of Amandas hockey games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8wD0BYukQM
everyone loved this kid, Leo" and by the end of the season he was such a good skater,but more than that he displayed pluck and courage, something I know Finn has

Unknown said...

you know what? finnley is the best. i am so proud of him for playing hockey now! i am proud to be (one of) his best friends.

Melinda said...

Good job parents!! Recognizing the needs in your kids and rolling with it. Love seeing pictures of him - can I please go see a game or at least a practice over American Thanksgiving?? can't wait!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com