11/10/09
For the amount of people who read this blog I think I'm safe sharing this bit of info.

Chip is one...that usually means I'd be pregnant again. I'm not. And both Nik and I are itching for another. BUT, we're not sure how that 'other' beautiful, perfect precious sibling to our boys will come...

I have always felt the call to adoption; I have always thought that I would adopt. I've been on the phone a lot in the past few weeks with different agencies talking about different things. We in no way have the money to start the process. But, I got an email from a friend who's walking the journey through adoption and hers was such a story of trust. Financially, emotionally, Spiritually. I know finances aren't going to stop us from adopting if that's God's plan, but we just don't know if we should get the ball rolling?

My gut is saying that God is whispering "trust me, have patience and I will show you when" and most times I feel like He's saying look a little deeper, take a step further...you know? All this is to say, can you pray for us? Thanks.

13 notes:

Kim Lavender-Kitchen said...

Dana you are amazing! My one little munchkin is MORE than enough and I cannot imagine doing it again. Thinking about a 4th...YIKES! You are brave!

Lola said...

That's kind of how our Journey into foster care has gone. Lots of "trust Me". I pray that God would make it so clear if he would have you do this. What a blessing to a child!

deborah said...

All I'm going to say is - from experience - that the adoption process will definitely be the MOST emotional, spiritual, and financial thing you'll ever go through. Pray, pray, and pray some more.

Jamie said...

Dana, that is so exciting!! I will be praying.

Katarina said...

What a step, take that step of faith and watch who He blesses you guys.
Praying for you that you will know when the timing is right.

Anonymous said...

why do you always make me cry. i'm so happy for you. and i love what your other friend said,
pray pray and pray some more.
and to add to that!! i'm glad you have friends who will join you with their prayers.
love you.
eb

Unknown said...

Dana, I will be praying for you and Nik in this process. I have had some friends recently go into the adoption world and they are so excited to have their little boy come to them soon- hopefully. It is quite a process so I will definitely keep you and your cute little family in my prayers.
Happy birthday to Chip!

Melinda said...

I don't know the Canadian adoption process, but in America there are plenty of places that cover the financial burden. That may be something to research. My firm works closely with a foster and adoption organization who do just this.

Pure and undefiled religion is this: to care for orphans and widows.

Dea' said...

Your family is such a gift to our world. I actually had a day-dream about your little family as I was falling asleep (so...almost a dream cuz I was sleepy...) but it was about your children and family!!! It was 20-soem years from now and you were all in your kitchen. You were still exquisite and Nik was as well. YOur kitchen was filled with your kiddos and their spouses and there was such deep joy and satisfaction.
I'm thankful for you guys :)

Marissa said...

adoption is something that I am truly passionate and excited about so I am thrilled to hear that God is directing you and Nik down that road. Our story is not complete yet in the sense that we don't yet have that little one who we believe is meant for our family, but honestly the process has been such a life changing one. Beautiful in so many ways but also so so heartbreaking and difficult. Keep praying and we will pray with you.

Liz said...

Keep praying and God will give you the answer...you are an amazing person!

Anonymous said...

We're rolling that ball :)
It's a long process, so we figure if there is a reason we should NOT adopt, we'll have time to change our route/direction. Until then we are FUll force ahead!!

20Birds said...

Dana how did i miss this post? well it was the day after i went into the hospital.... but i am praying.... you know that i worked for years in adoption and you guys are the ones we wanted, the ones who had a solid family life already, were steady in your parenting... i love you more than words can say, i am proud of both you and nik and the three boys? well, they have been raised to give and to love... they will be as natural as reaching for a hockey stick or a lollipop off my coffeetable

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com