3/22/10

Yes, they're mine.

The last week and a half have been all about parental mistakes. The first of which came when Nik was away. My beautiful, joyous, full-of-life, just turned- three year old decided to make a rainshower in our house. He had turned on the faucet and plugged the sink. It was 11 pm. I was just about to turn in. But the rain came down...and it wasn't a drip drip type of rain, it was a sploosh-splat-splat kind. The splat splats lasted a while. When I got up there I noticed it wasn't JUST the water he got into. But my make up and decided to give his sleeping older brother a make over.

I wish I had a picture. I decided that teaching him that this was dangerous and not a laughable moment was better off. But, I SO wish I had pictures.

We have a pretty sound proof house, in my defense. Nik got home, all was well. It was not even a week later and we were sitting on the couch at about 10:30 when I heard a bump in the night. Nik decided to go check it out....two seconds later he squawks down, "Dane, you might want to come here" This time, I came equipped with a camera. I rounded the corner to find two very guilty little boys holding their toothpaste covered cheeks. Turns out that Carson remembered that water and make up were a no-no, but decided that ANYTHING else open-able was totally OK. So, they had squeezed out face cream, tooth paste, spilled perfume and toner, squirted shampoo, conditioner and dumped vitamins and liquid tylenol all over the floor, walls, their hair and clothes. Again, a dangerous situation. Nothing at all to laugh about.

As I was telling a friend about these 'incidences', she looks at me as if I'm brand new to the whole mothering thing and says, "why don't you put a baby monitor in their room?". Seriously, I didn't even think of that. Parental mistake...monumental...I guess I am new to this whole thing. It's only been 4 years. That's pretty new if you ask me.

2 notes:

Lezlie said...

Thanks for the giggle Dana!! I nearly spit out my coffee imagining a little boy giving his SLEEPING brother a makeover :) Jude got into my make-up one evening while some girlfriends and I were downstairs praying... it's amazing how quiet they can be when their being mischievious!

Anonymous said...

Oh dana!! I admit, I am humorously horrified...mostly by picturing the mess that you would have to clean up.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com