3/15/10

You're the Best

These past few weeks have been hazy. I would love to have a reason to write, and though I know I do, I can't put my finger on anything. I sit down, open my page and get frustrated because I just don't know where to start.

But today, I want to give a tribute to my Nik.

He lets me sleep in every morning, even on his days off. Seriously ladies in the world, I know how big of a treat this is, and I hope I never take it for granted. He makes suppers when I've been too lazy to and dang good ones at that. He understands when I'm feeling, totally non-understandable. He loves me unconditionally. Because if conditions had anything to do with it, he wouldn't love me. Trust me, I can be hard. He's the best dad to our boys that I could ever ask for. I see the twinkle in his eye when Chip cries at 11, just as we've snuggled down for the night because it's *his* chance to sit with him in the rocking chair and just be together. He came home from work at lunch to bring me the stroller and decided to take the middle son back with him. How's that for husband of the year. Oh, but I'm not done. He's chalk FULL of integrity. I'm so blessed that my kids have the kind of man to look up to that they do. He's the most gentle and patient man I've ever known. And if I can count on one hand the amount of times he's actually been mad at me in the almost 8 years since we've been an item, I'd be surprised.

Now, I know that you all have wonderful husband too, so why not? Tell us all about them too! And for anyone who's still looking for that someone, why not write about what you're dreaming for? Love. It's March...and I'm full into spring fling.

3 notes:

Kim Lavender-Kitchen said...

Wow Dana you are so blessed, I am a bit jealous! Your little family looks so wonderful, I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you danes. and he's lucky to have you too.
love eb

Anonymous said...

So, Dana, I could tell you about my man, but you already know! He's the one who set the example for your man. We are so blessed that the apple didn't fall far from the tree--even when it comes to dead mice:)
(I found this blog when checking for a message on Dad's facebook)
Love you!
Mom F.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com